These carob muffins follow a simple recipe yet they’re soft and flavorful. The basic muffin base is easy to make and it can be flavored with a variety of mix-ins. For this recipe, we are using blueberries but feel free to use your preferred fruits such as strawberries and figs. The raw carob powder lends these carob muffins an indulging light flavor profile. However, if you’d prefer a more defined carob taste, please feel free to use the roasted carob powder from The Australian Carob Co.
RECIPE: Blueberry and Carob Muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut, shredded (plus 2 tbsps extra)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 pc egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup The Australian Carob Co. Raw Carob Powder
- Grease a six-hole muffin pan.
- Sift flour into a bowl, stir in the brown sugar, blueberries, coconut, egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Stir quickly with a large metal spoon until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderately hot oven for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle extra coconut on top after cooking.
Another exciting take on this carob muffin recipe would be to add carob chips into the mix or use them as toppings. If you need these carob muffins to be more sweet, we recommend carob syrup as a drizzle.
Leave a Reply