Anything with coconut is a crowd favorite. Use that in tandem with carob and you’re guaranteed a dessert idea that your family and friends will Instagram about. So here’s what we’ve come up with to seal that kitchen success dream — coconut carob cups. They are the ultimate treat when you need to serve something sweet. Loaded with almond butter, desiccated coconut, cocoa butter, and roasted carob powder, these carob cups are the perfect energy delights! They are excellent as on-the-go snacks or as easy and healthy desserts.
These coconut carob cups are definitely a healthy version of your favorite store-bought peanut butter cups. If you’re trying to unlearn some snacking habits, prepare these carob bites in advance, store them in the fridge so you have something ready the next time a craving kicks in.
RECIPE: Coconut Carob Cups
- In a small sauce pan over very low heat, or in a bowl in a double boiler, melt the cocoa butter to liquid form.
- Add the roasted carob powder a little at a time (so it doesn't get lumpy) while mixing constantly. Chopsticks are great for stirring the mixture.
- Mix the almond butter and desiccated into the warm carob powder and cocoa butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon or pour the mixture into the molds and let cool/harden a little bit.
- Sprinkle/garnish the top part with extra desiccated coconut.
- Finish cooling/hardening in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the molds and store in airtight container in the refrigerator.