Irresistibly delicious and incredibly easy to make, these Matcha, Almond Butter and Carob Balls are perfect no-bake energy bites for when you crave for something sweet yet guilt-free! Enjoy these nutty carob truffles as afternoon treats or as post-workout snack. Loaded with fiber, protein, roasted carob powder goodness and antioxidants, you’ll skip the store-bought bliss balls once you make these carob balls!
If you will look closely, this carob bliss ball recipe is simply a base recipe that you can then use for future bliss ball ideas. You may add dried blueberries, carob chips, and nuts and seeds. The possibilities are endless.
RECIPE: Matcha, Almond Butter and Carob Balls
- 2 cups roasted almond butter, 100% pure (no additives)
- 1/4 cup The Australian Carob Co. Roasted Carob Powder
- 1/4 cup The Australian Carob Co. Raw Carob Powder
- 1/2 cup The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 3 tbsps organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- real green matcha (for garnish/finishing touches)
- Combine all measured ingredients and mix thoroughly into a paste. Adjust liquid and powder if too dry or too wet.
- Take small amounts of the paste and roll into balls between your palms.
- Roll the balls in real green matcha powder and set on a piece of parchment on a plate for refrigerating.
- Keep chilled until serving. Enjoy!
Keep a batch of these superfood-packed carob balls in the fridge for whenever you need a satisfying dessert or energy boost. If you’d prefer a lighter, carob flavor profile, roll them in raw carob powder first before adding the matcha garnish. We love keeping it sugar-free but feel free to sweeten these treats with maple syrup or additional carob syrup.