Carob sticks are incredibly tasty treats that are quick and simple to make. Healthy too! If you have crushed pistachios, desiccated coconut or any toppers in your pantry that are crying out to be used, we recommend making carob dipped sticks. Your main ingredients are melted carob chips and bread sticks of your choice. The process is simple — dip, sprinkle and go! How easy is that? We assure you that they’ll be a massive hit in your household. With every bite, there is a cacophony of crunch!
RECIPE: Pistachio and Coconut Carob Sticks
- 1 pack plain bread sticks (of your choice)
- 1 cup carob chips, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the carob sticks, stirring constantly. Carob chips can also be melted in the microwave, but be sure to pause and stir every thirty-seconds, to evenly distribute heat and prevent burning.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread toppers (pistachios and desiccated coconut in this case) out on separate plates.
- When carob chip has melted, remove from heat. Dip one bread stick into the melted carob, to coat 3/4 of the breadstick. Roll the carob dipped bread stick through the plate of topper of your choice.
- Lay the dipped breadstick on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat process until all bread sticks have been dipped, and topped, as desired.
- Place sheet tray in refrigerator to allow carob to set, approximately thirty minutes.