Homemade plain carob cups are just the guilt-free treats to give yourself or your family every time a craving kicks in. Made with roasted carob powder and organic cocoa butter, it’s easy to to indulge in dessert heaven when you whip these up at home.
RECIPE: Plain Carob Cups
- In a small sauce pan over very low heat, or in a bowl in a double boiler, melt the cocoa butter to liquid form.
- Add the roasted carob powder a little at a time (so it doesn't get lumpy) while mixing constantly. Chopsticks are great for stirring the mixture.
- Mix the almond butter into the warm carob powder and cocoa butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon or pour the mixture into the molds and let cool/harden a little bit.
- Finish cooling/hardening in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the molds and store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
For desiccated coconut lovers in your family, we also have a carob cup recipe for them. That’s the best part about our recipe for homemade carob chips. It can be used as a basic formula for a variety of carob treats and baking needs. If you need carob cups with a massive wow factor, try making our carob almond butter cups.